Thursday, June 7, 2007

DONE'S Carol Baker Tharp on Brown Act and Filming At NC Meetings

*** UPDATE *****

GLASSELL PARK STAKEHOLDER TELLS THE STORY OF HOW EMPEROR BRADLEY RULES HIS COUNCIL
Click here for transcript

THANKS TO DEPARTMENT OF NEIGHBORHOOD EMPOWERMENT'S NEWLY APPOINTED HEAD CAROL BAKER THARP FOR RESPONDING TO ZAP WITH THIS RESPONSE TO MY MAYOR SAM STORY ABOUT GLASSELL PARK NC "CAHOOTSISM".

Carol Baker Tharp: "Here's what we are doing to address the Brown Act questions that are being raised by and about several NCs: We are sending letters to ALL NCs--including those about which we are receiving complaints--explaining that videotaping is permitted as long as it is not disruptive, and emphasizing how important it is to properly post meeting notices in a timely and accessible manner. We are inviting a City Attorney's rep to attend our field team meeting to clarify all aspects of the Brown Act for our staff, and we will ask all of our field reps to talk with their NCs about these issues, emphasizing the need for transparency and openness in all aspects of NC business."

Thanks Carol. Seriously. I like you alot. Remember, I said so, right off the bat on City TV 35 during your confirmation hearing. And, I liked you when I met you in person a couple times. So it's not fun to have to bring these things to your attention.

But here's the email I sent back to Carol in response to my voice mail to her regarding my recent Mayor Sam story on Bradley and his "In Cahoots" democratic steamroll crew -- and it didn't say a THING about Brown Act or filming. (Except to maybe say, "Look at what has been exposed, because Bradley wouldn't let her film.")
Back to Mayor SamZD's Orignal Story on Glassell Park & Area NC Corruption

I WILL at least say this quote from above, "...emphasizing the need for transparency and openness in all aspects of NC business", could be seen as a slight mention of the rest of the enchilada...but I just wanted to make sure we weren't talking apples and oranges, so I sent this email back in reply, just to clarify:

Carol,

Thanks for the email. I'm sure you don't mind if I post that for everyone to check out. And I will.

However, unfortunately, Bradley's behavior unleashed an avalanche of information about Glassell Park (and surrounding NC's). Carol, it's a doozy. You are
going to hate me. I'm sorry about this story. But it was created from multiple interviews with community members and research on the internet. (I'll show you my cell phone minutes and emails.)

At this point, the last thing I am concerned about is the filming of the meetings. I'm concerned about the waste of taxpayers money for nothing more than a City racket. Here's a transcript of a word for word phone conversation I JUST had, five minutes ago, with a disenfranchise GPNC member who has a lot to say about Bradley. (See attachment)

Carol, it kinda sucks being in this community niche that I have somehow fallen into this past year. People seem to feel ZD is the one to tell all this stuff to...and it's been a blessing to be embraced with the trust of the communtiy on these issues.

And sometimes it means I have to mention people who I like and admire in the story. So here's one that ain't so fun...but it's kinda a big deal with Mayor Sam readers...and now, the whole community is calling me and emailing me with stuff from Glassell Park, Linclon Hts, Boyle Hts., Venice..YOU GOTTA READ THIS MAYOR SAM STORY ON BRADLEY, PAULA, MARK of METRO/PROH-LA and the "In Cahoots Crew". The curtain has been pulled back, Carol, and no one is looking at the fake image of OZ on the screen anymore.

Man, is this uncomfortable.
ZD

AND THANKS TO BONC's HEAD LINDA LUCKS FOR CALLING ZD BACK TO LET HIM KNOW SHE GOT HIS EMAIL REFERRING HER TO THE MAYOR SAM STORY, AND SHE WILL READ IT WHEN SHE GETS BACK INTO THE OFFICE ON MONDAY.

So at least this topic will have some awarness raised, and hopefully we can improve the system. Personally, I think the people who run the system are well aware of the problem, because it has been brought to their attention before. But maybe this time, there is enough public attention that they will have to clear back the brush a bit.

Go to Zuma's ZAP Blog (Join ZAP) for way more information on the entire NC system cahootsim

contact: zumadogg@gmail.com

No comments: