Tuesday, May 29, 2007

JACK WEISS TRIES TO SPIN HIS RE-CALL CAMPAIGN WITH TELEMARKETER PHONE BANK CLAIMING TO BE A "SURVEY"

Dear Editor:

I have co-owned a home in the mid-Wilshire area for almost 15 years. During that time, I have seen a lot of changes in my neighborhood, some of them for better and many for worse.

Regardless, I have never served on a neighborhood committee or taken any political action either for or against any council member or developer or than voting in local elections.

Today, I received a phone call from a woman who claimed she was taking a survey for an independent company concerning quality of life issues affecting my neighborhood.

Although reluctantly, I agreed to take a few minutes to participate in her survey as I thought it might benefit my neighborhood.

Although her initial questions were indeed about the quality of life in our neighborhood, she began asking questions relating to the recall effort against Jack Weiss. Since I have observed Weiss sell out our area to developers over the past years, I did not mind expressing my support for the recall.

However, I soon noticed that the survey-taker kept asking the same questions about Weiss's recall but simply phrased differently. I assumed then this was a survey being taken to determine the popularity of this recall effort.

However, the surveyor suddenly started to ask if I would still support the Weiss recall effort if I knew that... and then she began making statements discrediting the purpose and intent behind the recall. Among the allegations were the claims that it was disgruntled developers behind the recall and as well as neighborhood association leaders on the take by those developers and these same neighborhood leaders were now punishing Jack Weiss for not paying them off 50 million dollars they had demanded to go away.

I immediately realized this "independent survey" was obviously being funded by people in Jack Weiss' camp and not a legitimate survey at all. More importantly, I knew her allegations were simply ridiculous.

I told this alleged survey-taker that, given her obviously loaded "questions," it was apparent to me she was not an independent survey but was offering further evidence of Weiss's political corruption by her transparent disinformation tactic. I thanked her for removing any doubt in my mind as to his dishonesty and desperation.

I asked her to please tell her employers that she has done a great service in removing any doubt in my mind to Weiss's culpability and that, thanks to her, I would not only ensure my recall vote is counted but inform everyone in my neighborhood how low Weiss will go to save his greedy, guilty ass.

The survey-taker hung up on me and yet I had not finished taking her survey.

I am guessing others will be contacted by the same "survey-taker" and hope they will be likewise inspired.

Most sincerely yours,
Reader

FOR THE RECORD, I COVERED THIS ANGLE ON MAYOR SAM, LAST WEEK. SO I RECOGNIZE THE WORK OF ANTONIO'S FAVORITE "MARKETING WARFARE" SOLDIER. I HOPE THE RE-CALL PEOPLE HAVE A HIGHLY ORGANIZED PHONE BANK, TOO.

contact: zumadogg@gmail.com

No comments: