Friday, May 25, 2007

Los Angeles Councilmember Jose Huizar Weasles His Way Into Elephant Hill Development Against Community Wishes Now That He Has Been Re-Elected

Although the tract was evaluated before to be safe; the people asked Huizar to ensure that it not be allowed because;

* beautiful hills
* very high
* unstable.

People want no development on the hills.

Huizar said "let planning check"...(after my election).

Now Huizar says...you asked me to have it checked, I did, planning STILL SAYS ITS OK. And adds, "The developers can build UNLESS you ask me to ask the whole Council, who may or may not approve."

[Hey Jose...common...you know all about the "Rule of 15". The other 14 will do whatever you tell them on this, cause there is the un-written council rule that other CMs don't mess with other CMs backyards. So go ahead and run it past the full council. I haven't seen an agenda item get voted down in the year I've been watching. ZD]


I think the Council will approve because Huizar owes too much to the developers of El Sereno and Alhambra who want that land. Then he can blame the council...but all the developers get paid off.

No comments: