From: "CJ Reagan"
* Action Alert * Action Alert * Action Alert * Action Alert * Action Alert *
May 8, 2007
Attend Hearing - Agencies to Report on Environmental Review for Elephant Hill
The report by City agencies investigating the need for a Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for the expanded development on Elephant Hill - Tract 35022 - will soon be presented to the City Council's Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) Committee. Residents and other supporters are urged to attend the PLUM hearing at 2 p.m.,Tuesday, May 22nd in Room 350, City Hall.
On January 23, 2007, PLUM directed the Planning Dept. (lead agency), the Bureau of Engineering and the Department of Building and Safety with assistance from the City Attorney to develop this report.
Documentation obtained since the January PLUM hearing provides further details about the Tract expansion. A geology and soils report approval letter dated March 6, 2006 from Building & Safety states: "The referenced reports concerning recommendations for development of 52 lots for proposed single-family residents have been reviewed by the Grading Division.
Reports for development of Lots 1-24 of tract 35022 were previously approved in the above referenced Department letters. The current reports include those lots and several other lots as one development. " (Italics added.)
Because additional environmental review is allowed under state law when there is proof that a project has expanded beyond its original plans, concerned residents and organizations have formally requested that the report answer key questions including: What decision, law or authority allowed tract 35022 to be expanded? And, under what law or authority was the 1992 EIR applied to the expanded tract lots?
El Sereno residents deserve equitable and fair services from City agencies responsible for planning and overseeing the construction of residential developments. Developers who work in El Sereno should be required to follow the rules like everyone else.
What You Can Do:
1. Attend the PLUM hearing on the agency report investigating the need for a Supplemental EIR for Tract 35022 on Elephant Hill, 2 p.m., Tuesday, May 22, 2007, in Room 350, City Hall. The File Number for this item is #04-1413.
2. Write or call PLUM committee members to ensure that the report answers the questions asked by residents and others about the expansion of Tract 35022; mention File #04-1413. Thank PLUM members for directing City agencies to develop this report.
* Email: Barbara.Greaves@ lacity.org or write to: Planning & Land Use
Committee, City Hall, 200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Individual Committee members can be contacted as follows:
* Ed Reyes, Chair: councilmember. reyes@council. lacity.org or 213-473-7001
* Jose Huizar: councilmember. huizar@lacity. org or 213-473-7014
* Jack Weiss: councilmember. weiss@lacity. org or 213-473-7005
3. For ongoing information about Elephant Hill check out these new blogs:
http://www.saveelep hanthills. blogspot. com/ and
http://latinourbanf orum.blogspot. com/
For more information contact: Casey Reagan at 213-804-2471 or